Ben & Clare!

Ben & Clare!
freezing ourselves in the name of art

Sunday 27 March 2011

Matt & Kathryn's Engagement Shoot

1) I love engagement shoots
2) I love Bristol

It goes without saying that when both of the above combine it makes me happy. Matt and Kathryn are good friends of mine and are going to become Mr & Mrs in May. This was my 4th visit to Bristol in about 9 months, and I love how artistic and alive it is, with all kinds of people doing their thing.
 
For the shoot I was totally relying on M&K to help me out with locations, and they took me to a couple of really nice places - Matt was keen to avoid the typical graffiti'd wall backgrounds so we headed to a cool park with some secluded little areas. Now, here's where I should probably admit that I HATE having my photo taken, and generally look like either a terrorist or a village idiot (or a combination of the two, which is worrying). Luckily, M&K really helped me out and at least pretended not to be too self-conscious.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how edgy the background, how sublime the lighting conditions are, and how well composed the pose it, if the couple are tense and not having fun the photos will simply not be any good. I'm really happy with the way the shoot went and I dare say we even had a bit of fun along the way, too.

Anyway, here are a few photos of this most excellent of couples, and I can't wait till May!






Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment