Ben & Clare!

Ben & Clare!
freezing ourselves in the name of art

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Kathryn & Matt!

It probably hadn't escaped your attention that I'd been looking forward to this wedding for aaaaaaages. A month or so back I went down to Bristol to meet up with our friends Kathryn and Matt, and to do an engagement photoshoot with them. Now I get to share their wedding day with you, as I saw it.

We actually drove the 196 miles down from Preston to Bristol the day before (kids handily dropped off with the grandparents, and took part in a wedding rehearsal, followed by a meal out with Kathryn's family). I should probably mention that my wife Shirah was a bridesmaid!

The weather on the day was a bit crappy, but that didn't spoil a thing. Luckily the B&B we were staying in was only a 5 minute walk (or as I found out also a 5 minute run, with all my camera gear flailing around) from the church. Note to self: must get fit if I'm not to have a premature heart-attack. While Kathryn went off to get her hair done I had a sneak around the B&B looking for good photographic opportunities, then when they went off to get the flowers I set about photographing the dress, tiara, shoes, and anything else I thought told the story of the day. The rings were AWOL and it was only when I legged it up to the church that I managed to track them down to photograph - all of which took about 1 minute, but luckily within this minute I managed to find a great background for them (well, I thought it was great. the best man probably thought I was insane).



After some portraits of Kathryn with her bridesmaids it was time to get to the church. Now, it turns out that M&K have some super-cool friends, who'd really done so much to help make their day run without a hitch. Ross, I think you should be a professional wedding co-ordinator! The rest of the day ran really well, with some great speeches, a song performed by Matt to Kathryn, and some of the funkiest dancing I've seen since I was at the primary school disco 20 years ago.



Hope you like the photos - I'd love to hear your comments, and, if you were there too, your memories from the day! I'll be posting more images when M&K return from their honeymoon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment